Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site where page links may lead to other sites
Hydrogen powered vehicles are becoming more popular, especially buses in cities, where diesel particulates are choking the population. There is an abundance of clean wind and solar energy that can produce green hydrogen, something that at the moment is not happening.
The aims and objectives of the SHFCA are to:
- Be the main driver for the development of the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell industry in its broadest sense in Scotland
- Have an effective presence and represent the industry at Scottish, UK and EU levels
- Engage with government in Scotland and in the UK on behalf of the industry
- Communicate the wider benefits from using hydrogen and fuel cell technologies with renewable energy and cleantech
- Identify and facilitate business opportunities for members
- Provide networking opportunities for members
- Act as a vehicle for attracting funds for member companies and projects
- Propose projects in which members can participate
- Provide opportunities for collaborative working among members
- Promote member organisationsí and our collective capability
- Provide a forum for sharing information and raising awareness
- Advise on and create best practice for the industry
- Be a source of advice and facilitate access to relevant technical expertise
The Scottish Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association promotes and develops Scottish expertise in fuel cells and hydrogen technologies. SHFCA brings together the expertise and experience of Scotlandís specialized fuel cell companies, academic institutions, research and development bodies, power generation companies, energy consultants, Scottish Enterprise and local enterprise companies, and students and individuals with an interest in the subject. Membership is open to all-comers.
SHFCA provides a coherent voice to represent, promote and develop Scottish hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. The Association engages with Scottish and UK government to create the right framework for the industry to develop. SHFCA is developing relationships with other national and international hydrogen and fuel cell bodies to work together to evolve a mutually beneficial strategy to create and develop a global sustainable hydrogen and fuel cell market.
There is a very considerable opportunity for the UK to achieve a major hydrogen and fuel cell economy if significant increases in R&D support are provided in accord with investments for competitors such as Japan, US and Germany. We believe that through SHFCA we can harness the skills and expertise available in Scotland and ensure that they are promoted on a national and international stage. We are at the dawn of the third industrial age and with a maturing oil and gas province, we must develop alternative opportunities.
CONTACTS & VENUE
HYDROGEN FUEL CELL ASSOCIATION (SHFCA) MEMBERSHIP A - Z
LINKS & REFERENCE
WORLD HYDROGEN CONGRESS 22 SEPTEMBER 2020
The World Hydrogen Congress is the leading annual meeting place for senior executives working in the field of hydrogen production, transportation, distribution, storage, policy and end use applications.
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
This website is provided on a free basis to promote zero emission transport in Europe and Internationally. Copyright © Climate Change Trust 2020. Solar Studios, BN271RF, United Kingdom.